Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15, 2009

This is a very early post because this nice pilot decided to buzz our town at 5:45AM. My first thought was to grab my camera. My second thought was to roll over and go back to sleep. I decided to jump out of bed and run after this maniac. He was only about two blocks away dusting some corn. I have about 600 shots of this guy, but this one fits best. If you look closely you can see the pilot.

Minor color saturation and contrast adjustments made. Unfortunately, the sky is very bright, but I will play with exposure levels in RAW and post anything that may look better.


Okay, don't judge. After much deliberation I've decided to post the honorable mention photo of the day. My eye is drawn to this one so I had to post it after I decided that the first post was THE photo. The first photo really shows you what's going on, but this one just pops to me. He was actually flying over me and I had the camera held vertically. As I looked at it I decided it looked better when viewed horizontally. This photo was taken about an hour after the first one. The pilot refilled his tanks and came back to wake up everyone else in the hood.

*Click on pictures to enlarge

1 comment:

Brian Bell said...

Great picture. I pass under these guys often on my way into work. It amazes me that we never hear of crashes either for as low as they fly. Ive always wanted to stop and watch, so im glad you got a chance to. Great shot