Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13, 2009

Well, here's shot number one! After snapping about 300 photos I picked this one. The one thing I'd like to work on is photographing nature. When you photograph kids you accidentally end up with a good shot, almost always. I could have taken this shot about 5 million different times and it would not have changed. The challenge is getting your composition right, which is my biggest problem. Hopefully, I will improve over time and get criticism from others to help guide me.

I have some macro lens screw on attachments to help magnify the shot. The problem with the attachments is getting the correct distance from the object being photographed. There's a very shallow depth of field and there's only a small area near the center of the shot which is in focus. Actual macro lenses would have made the shot easier, but are expensive! So, I'll just learn how to use what I've got. Some minor tweaking in photoshop to increase contrast and sharpness...no big color adjustments.


*Click on picture to enlarge

1 comment:

Brian Bell said...

Great photo Charlie. Its almost as if its from his perspective... you get a feeling of how big the world really is through his eyes.
Nice Shot